Lavender oil is the most used oil all over the globe. It has a distinct aroma which is easily recognizable and is very beneficial in several cultures to foster peace of mind and improve health. Lavender is made from the lavender plant, specifically the purple flower and grown in Mediterranean climates. It requires lots of flowers to create the oil. For instance, to produce just 16 ounces of therapeutic grade lavender oil, you will need over 60 pounds of flowers.
Why you need Lavender Oil in your home
Below are some used of Lavender Oil which makes it an asset in every home.
- Personal cream or lotion can be produced with lavender oil in your house using 5 drops of essential oil per 10grams of a base. Similarly, undiluted lavender oil can be applied to the skin. This is mostly used for oily skin which suffers from acne. The oil gently soothes inflammation, cures acne and helps prevent its appearance.
For people whose skin naturally is dry and sensitive should pay attention to lavender essential oil, because it helps relieves swelling, redness, and itching caused by various reasons. It also soothes peeling.
- Lavender oil is beneficial to rub into the scalp before washing. Dandruff can be cured by the constant use of shampoo based lavender oil or regular use of shampoo which is enriched with few drops of the oil. The hair will become shiny, healthy and strong. The popularity of lavender oil has increased because of its benefits on hair. A study was conducted in 2016 in which lavender oil was applied to on mice and made them grow more hair than usual. The hair of the mice grew faster and thicker than usual. Also, lavender oil is said to be used in the treatment of baldness. But it still requires comprehensive studies to prove this claim.
- The bactericidal, antiseptic and regenerating properties of the lavender oil are very high. For abrasions, wound, scratches, bumps, scrapes, it anesthetizes and heals quickly. Lavender oil is enough to lubricate the damaged. Severe wounds, as well as severe thermal burns, are cured with the help of lavender oil.
Lavender oil is used in the treatment of burns, scratches, insect bites, bruises, sunburns, and cuts. It can also be used to minimize muscle soreness after a workout. Motion sickness can also be reduced when rubbed into bottom feet. For a newborn baby, it is used to heal umbilical cord stump.
- For various disorders of the nervous system, lavender oil is considered as one the best sedatives. Fatigue, irritability, anxiety, tearfulness, insomnia, anxiety and depression also include. Method of aromatherapy is adopted, that is, the evaporation of oil into the air with the help of aroma diffuser. The excellent aroma of lavender oil can help in the relaxation of your nervous system. After the application of lavender oil, people tend to feel more relaxed, pleasurable and enhanced mood.
- The analgesic effect of lavender oil is good for the treatment of headaches, muscle pain, sprains, neuritis, neuralgia, and rheumatism. Proper application of aromavannas and massage with lavender oil can be used to get rid of the pain. Lavender oil also relieves toothache. Lavender oil can soothe physical irritations, redness, and irritation just like how it calms emotions. The diaper rashes, it can be applied through carrier oil, also chapped lips, itchy rashes, dandruff, and infant cradle cap. When preparing a solution for homemade baby wipes, a few drops of the oil can be used.
What you must not forget while using Lavender oil.
Before you using Lavender Oil there some vital things you need to keep in mind. These include;
- If you are on sedatives or anti-depressant, caution must be taken while inhaling lavender oil. It can make you feel excessively sleepy and tired.
- Avoid applying a lot of essential oil on your skin. It can cause skin irritation. By diluting with carrier oil, lavender oil can be applied on hair and should only be used in limited quantities.
- Never ingest essential oils or avoid them getting in your eyes. In case essential oil enters your eyes, wash your eyes immediately.
However, if after use, you get skin rashes or irritation, stop using lavender oil. This may be due to your being allergic to lavender oil.